Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Networking that nets results
New business development requires the ability to build rapport and trust quickly and create a professional, positive impression. Everyone in your company has opportunities to bring in new customers and new business. Whether they're attending a trade show, at a professional association meeting, or representing your company at a meeting or event; they need to be able to make the most of these opportunities. Are they ready to sell themselves, your company and your products or services?
Make sure they know how to:
• Enter into a group of people they don't know
• Start and maintain a comfortable, productive conversation
• Remember peoples' names—and what to do if they don't!
• Effectively answer the question, "And what do you do?
• Make the most of networking by following up effectively
No matter what the job title, in today's business environment we're all in Marketing!